Saturday, March 6, 2010

Follow Me

Here is my most recent creation for my artist book class. The title is "Follow Me". Which is also to title of the freeform poem I wrote in order to have a framework of text to illustrate. The poem is an expression of my having left a career in retail management (and it's 60+ hour work weeks that seemed to have consumed my life) to go to graduate school and earn my MFA. The key to walking away from one path in life to follow another, was my mother and dearest friend telling me to listen to my heart, this is the right thing to do. To Mom and Lynns I love you both.


The Poem reads:

So Dark, So Cold, So Lost
The Butterfly whispers “Follow Me.”
Hope in a ghost of a voice
Clinging, Climbing


A glow in the distance
The Butterfly whispers “Follow Me.”
Belief in the touch of a sound
Holding, Running


Trees, red filtered light shifting to soft green
The Butterfly whispers “Follow Me.”
Faith in the beating of wings
Accepting, Walking


Golden Light, Flowers, Warmth
The Butterfly whispers “Welcome Back.”
Trust in words of air
Embracing, Relaxing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love this...wait, i don't think that love is the word...it is awesomely inspiring....
very cool!!!